Re: cross install 64bit target from 32bit host

This is an extension of my initial question, for I'm not sure my initial
conclusion that it is impossible to chroot a 64bit system from a 32bit
system is correct.

Can it done by installing qemu-user-static and loading a 64-bit live ISO
and then from it chroot the 64-bit target mounted on /mnt/64bit/?

Or can chroot be run on a 64 bit system mounted on /mnt/64bit/:

  # dpkg --add-architecture amd64
  # apt-get update
  # apt-get install libc6-amd64
  # LANG=C.UTF-8 chroot /mnt/64bit /bin/bash

Haines Brown