Re: What Mid-range USB Sound Cards Work with Linux?

I said Fiio E1 I Meant - Q1 : http://www.head-fi.org/t/780726/fiios-new-q1-portable-dac-amp-lets-drink-to-happy-listening

On 24 May 2016 at 18:22, Joel Wirāmu Pauling <joel@aenertia.net> wrote:
Rather than going with a Consumer card. Head to a Audio/Music store. What you are looking for is a USB - Audio interface; they generally have much better Signal to Noise ration, hardware mixers and Ballanced XLR outputs and Inputs. Something like the focusrite scarlet.

Alternatively if you are just after a simple DAC/AMP without Inputs - then I throughly recommend The Cheap FIio E1 - Which can be had for around 50$ and have 96hkz/24bit DAC decoding I have several and they can be used as just a headphone amp as well as with android.

Basically is it doesn't have an external power source or a built in battery - then avoid it - especially if you plan on attaching it to unbalanced speaker/desk amps. The only Consumer manufacturer dac I would consider in this class is the Creative E5 - but it's several hundred more than the above mentioned Fiio E1 and you only really would need it if you want bluetooth and input options.