Re: Plug and Pray; My Life with Linux Sound Better Description

No, I haven't fixed it, but I think I know a systematic
description of the problem.

	What has gone wrong when dmesg shows all the sound cards
one has installed on the system in Plug&Play, there are kernel
modules for them all, but we come up short in alsa as one or more
of the cards does not show up with aplay -l?

That describes the original question I asked earlier about but
also describes what happened when I upgraded another system from
squeeze to wheezy.

	In wheezy, the CS4236B which had worked under squeeze
still shows up as a Plug&Play device. The module for it still
gets installed, but it is nowhere to be found with aplay -l.

	This is not a new kernel bug but seems to bite
differently depending on the version of Debian one is running.

Again, thanks for any suggestions.

Martin