Re: debian applications for Itunes?

On 5/12/16, Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I recall this in a thread a very long time ago.
> Is there not an application that allows Debian particularly, or Linux in
> general to get content from ITunes?

I just ran an "apt-cache search itune" command line query and received
a few results that looked interesting:

amarok - easy to use media player based on the KDE Platform
mopidy-podcast-itunes - Mopidy extension for searching and browsing
iTunes podcasts
podget - Podcast aggregrator/downloader optimized for cron
rhythmbox - music player and organizer for GNOME
shairport-sync - AirPlay audio player
tangerine - music server using DAAP
tunesviewer - program to access media and podcasts from iTunes U

There were a few other things in there that I culled out, including
some where "itune" had a meaning unrelated to the usual mental image
the word "iTunes" invokes. I left "shairport-sync" and "tangerine" in
because I really didn't know what they were. Figured they might be of
interest later if not now

That was a search done on a setup that still only uses one single
repository. You may receive back even better results with a similar
search against more than just that one basic repository that I use.

Good luck!

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey