Re: Chromium. Good Alternative for Chrome?

On Thu, 12 May 2016, Rodary Jacques wrote:

> > Le 12 mai 2016 à 03:57, Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> a
> > écrit :
> >
> > Now that Google Chrome support has ceased for Wheezy (and others),
> > and since I have no plans to upgrade the OS for another 2 years
> > when it reaches LTS EOL, would Chromium make a decent alternative?
> > Is it stable enough for regular use?  I've never used it and
> > opinions vary. Everything I've read says Chromium is "cutting
> > edge." Are we talking "Unstable-like" to "Testing?" Or Fedora to
> > Red Hat?
> >
> > Any alternatives instead of Chromium?  I mainly desire
> > stability, security and longevity.  Already have the most recent
> > version of Firefox installed, but prefer it only as a back up.
> > Iceweasel has been purged.
> >
> > Or, maybe, I'll just continue to use the old, unsupported Chrome.
>
> Give a try at Opera. I find it great.
> Jacques

I installed Opera last week to test and it worked fine, but this
week it refuses to load.*  So, purged it.  Decided to manually set up
opera repo, etc. instead of downloading the deb file from Opera as
I had done originally.  As yet haven't reinstalled.  Thought I'd check
on Chromium first.

* Maybe my converting over to opejdk7-jre and icedtea-7-plugin as
  the Oracle noticed stated (and purging 6) caused the problem.