Tip: [Solved] Correct password login fail when CAPS LOCK not on

Hi, One of my most favoritest of Lists :)

This is me... trying to make a glass half full day out of having just
lost two large windows full of Internet travels via Chromium. In the
process of attempting to recover those windows, I chose to reboot a
time or two to clear things out. Being frustrated, I wasn't precise so
my Fingertip keyboariding was sloppy. That's when I hit a repeatedly
encountered error for which I've only just recently realized one
cause(y)....

The error I encountered was the one that I've seen lamented a few
times here on the list. It's about constant log on password fail when
we KNOW FOR FACT the caps lock key is NOT on and we KNOW FOR FACT the
password we're typing is EXACTLY WHAT IT SHOULD...

It turns out that the error SOMETIMES is about dragging our Fingertips
for a split extra nano-second when we don't realize we're doing so.
The reason we never discover that particular error is because our
password entries are hidden from sight by security design.

My accidental discovery of this particular error fix is BECAUSE.... I
personally next do the same, meaning drag my own Fingertips a split
extra nano-second too long, when I'm then typing in the next *visually
viewable* command (in tty1). For my personal #Debian use, that command
is:

startx.

Occasionally THAT command will additionally fail because I've just
typed in "staartx" or "starrtx" instead.... even though I actually did
NOT type that in on purpose.

What it's *most likely* about is something to do with the most
default, universal of settings *potentially* defined at the top of the
whole login process default order. If it's not consciously defined by
developers as a default, then it's something innate within our
systems.

The setting that would potentially have an effect in this case MIGHT
be something like keyboard behavior affecting the single key
double-click time span. That type of setting affects our ability to
repeat a bunch of the same single characters rapidly and all at
once... or not.

After we each actually enter our chosen desktop environments, that
type of user definable custom setting is then found under something
fairly universal like Applications > Settings > Mouse and Touchpad..

*BUT*....those settings do NOT take effect until our individual users
*successfully* sign in to the desktop GUI k/t our chosen
passwords..... that occasionally inexplicably do not work regardless
of all the bazillions of helpful tips found everywhere across the
entire Internet....

Occasionally those password fails boil down to minute keyboard click
drag... and that's why the password then just as mysteriously and
suddenly begins to work again...

That sudden, mysterious success is occasionally because, under those
circumstances, we have a tendency to drop down to the elementary level
of one finger hunt-and-peck. Our keyboard clicks become a more
meticulous poke-poke-poke that tends to eliminate the causative
keyboard drag in the process.

Just thinking out loud... Wishing everyone out there a likewise glass
half full kind of day..

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs... in circles more often than she used to.. *