Re: Pressing ` on Macbook in Debian produces §

On Sat, 2016-04-16 at 18:25 -0400, Eric Andrew Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice that when I press the backtick key, the section symbol (§)
> is
> produced instead.
>
> This bug has been reported on Ubuntu (#1245081
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1245081>).
>
> I've found a workaround by placing this in ~/.Xmodmap
>
> keycode  94 = grave asciitilde grave asciitilde grave asciitilde
> grave
> asciitilde
>
> But I wonder, what package is this bug in? Can I help fix it?

This is a problem not just on Macbooks, but for anyone who uses an
Apple keyboard.

This isn't really a bug. It was a decision made by the kernel
developers, and is a really old problem.

A better solution is to add a file in
/etc/modprobe.d/
with this:

options hid_apple iso_layout=0