Re: Script doesn't work when it is run using '#!/bin/sh'

Hi,

Aero Maxx wrote:
> >wordpress_beta.sh: 8: bashtest.sh: [[: not found

If it is called "bashtest.sh" then it is plausible that it wants
to be run by bash. Obviously it expects /bin/sh to be bash.

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> try running the script with "bash <script>". [...]
> If that works out OK, perhaps your script is still being invoked
> under dash?

Or perhaps its parent invokes it by /bin/sh on its own ?

I wonder whether bash is guaranteed to offer all features of dash.
In that case one could revert the migration of /bin/sh to dash and
hope that all dash scripts continue to work.

If compatibility with Fedora is an essential goal, it might be worth
to risk potential dash expectation problems.

On my system i see the link  /bin/sh -> dash
For a quick test i'd do:

  rm /bin/sh
  ln -s bash /bin/sh

On
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh
i see this advise:

  sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

(But i fail to see this purpose promised in man dpkg-reconfigure.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas