Re: Can you help me figure out why I can't get Grub to install from a standard CD .iso?

On Thu 14 Apr 2016 at 17:16:26 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 14 April 2016 15:26:11 Brian wrote:
>
> > On Thu 14 Apr 2016 at 12:57:19 -0400, EGO-II.1 wrote:
> > >
> > > FIts just strange that it stops immediately after trying to install
> > > grub. What's changed with the .ISO's on the Debian homepage? Is this
> > > because if the whole "Systemd" issue?...or is this something they've
> > > implemented in order to improve some other feature?
> > > AAAArrrrrgggghjhhh!!!
> > > (And although this is might seem like a simple
> > > "desktop-in-the-backroom-office" type of thing. This is in all
> > > actuality the beginning stages of "testing" for the company I work
> > > for!!)
> >
> > Speculation.
>
> I'd be carefull of calling any theory about these failures 'speculation'.

It was a considered response to the OP's paragraph above. He provided no
theory to his speculation; theories have to have some evidence-based
grounding. "AAAArrrrrgggghjhhh!!!" is about the best he could manage;
not even an error message, never mind a syslog extract.

There are a number of Debian bugs relating to his issue, all with a
similar lack of solid information. The Release Notes could prove useful.

[Interesting partition technique snipped]

> Those are not excusable bugs to be blamed on PEBKAC as you've done to me
> on many occasions.

Information was being elicted; no attempt at blame was made.