Repository Problem

I just had a catastrophic crash which necessitated reinstalling Debian.  I had been running v-7.2,but decided to upgrade to v-7.10 with a complete install.

Now when I update the repositories, regardless of the tool, Synaptic or Aptitude, I get the following errors:

W: Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/updates/main/source/Sources: 404  Not Found [IP: 2610:148:1f10:3::89 80]
W: Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/updates/contrib/source/Sources: 404  Not Found [IP: 2610:148:1f10:3::89 80]
W: Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/updates/non-free/source/Sources: 404  Not Found [IP: 2610:148:1f10:3::89 80]
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
E: Couldn't rebuild package cache

I do not get these errors if I comment out the deb-src lines in the sources.list.

Now, I know that it has to be a problem with the new install as I have installed v-7.10 in a VMware Workstation 12 Player on my laptop as a test bed and do not get any errors.

I would greatly appreciate help resolving this issue,.

Thanks in  advance.
--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.	Life is a fuzzy set
www.Molecular-Modeling.net	Stochastic and multivariate