Re: VPN over IPv6

Hi Philippe,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 07:42:06PM -0500, Philippe Clérié wrote:
> This morning, on my Planet Debian feed, I saw a post from someone
> using OpenVPN on IPv6. I thought it somewhat strange since I believe
> IPv6 essentially removes the need for VPN. So what might be a use
> case for VPN over IPv6?

I can't comment on the blog author's motivations as I haven't seen
the article you mention, but a VPN is useful any time you need to
join your network to another network in a secure and authenticated
manner. It doesn't really matter what protocols are in use on either
side—could even be something exotic and non-IP that you end up
running over the link.

Cheers,
Andy

> I'd be interested to hear any (even two word) reviews of their sofas…
Provides seating.        — Andy Davidson