Re: Samba 4.2 upgrade broke domain controller

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 08:06:11AM +0000, Virgo Pärna wrote:

> 	Also, I had a computer that only had samba client libraries
> installed and update wants to install entire samba.

At least that one is a known bug and it's being worked on:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=samba

You have to scroll down until you see "Pending Upload bugs".
(which is why I didn't see it and filed one of the multiple duplicates...).

At the end of Bug #820947 there is a note by Salvatore Bonaccorso
saying there are test packages here:

https://people.debian.org/~carnil/tmp/samba/jessie/