Re: [ A little off topic] Best e-mail client for Android

On 11/04/16 14:12, Darac Marjal wrote:
On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 08:02:13AM -0400, German wrote:
I wonder what Debian users use on their phone/tablet.

I use K-@ Mail [1] which, as far as I understand, is a Material redesign of Kaiten Mail which, in turn, is a fork of K-9 Mail.

I've not gone back to see how K-9 Mail is faring these days, but any of these three should provide good, solid mail clients.

[1] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onegravity.k10.free

Thanks

Kaiten Mail like K-@ Mail seem both to be closed source forks (possible as K-9 is under APL 2.0) of K-9 (which is available through f-droid by the way). For this alone I'd imagine it would not be something most Debian users would want to support. At least I could not find any reference to the source (and no official mention of K-@ Mail being actually a fork of K-9, unlike Kaiten which advertises it).