Re: XM1541 with Debian

On 04/09/2016 08:42 AM, Hársfalvi Gábor wrote:
> If anyone did use the XM1541 cable with Debian - to copy files between
> Commodore 64 floppy and PC - please help me!

Those are considered obsolete because they require a parallel port.
Nowadays people use the ZoomFloppy, which is a USB device:

http://store.go4retro.com/zoomfloppy/

However, the software used with the ZoomFloppy (opencbm) also works with
the older devices.

Here are instructions for building it on Linux:

http://www.lyonlabs.org/commodore/building-opencbm-on-linux.html

There is also a newer version:

http://spiro.trikaliotis.net/opencbm-alpha

http://spiro.trikaliotis.net/Download/opencbm-0.4.99.98/opencbm-0.4.99.98-source.tar.bz2

For further information, see "ZoomFloppy Users" on groups.google.com.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)