Re: Flash update

On Mon 04 Apr 2016 at 08:42:17 (+0200), Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> See package youtube-dl. Just give the URL you see in your browser
> as argument to the youtube-dl command (beware of special characters,
> better use "...", see man youtube-dl).
> This works also for other sites with movies.

Silly me. "get-youtube" is my bash function for youtube-dl and my
fingers just type it automatically. It has some extra logic, including
maintaining a history file to prevent accidently downloading the same
thing twice. "get-others" handles the other sites and shares the same
history file.

The history file is vital when you have, say, 300MB medleys with multiple
links pointing to them, like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_6xmqAc9RE
which I might otherwise have downloaded seven times through the
different links.

Cheers,
David.