Re: restarting network [SOLVED]

On 29/03/16 15:42, Darac Marjal wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 02:10:08PM +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
On 29/03/16 14:00, Brian wrote:
On Tue 29 Mar 2016 at 13:37:19 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

On 29/03/16 12:58, pedantsunited wrote:
On Tue 29 Mar 2016 at 11:14:56 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

Any chance of seeing /e/n/i?

My thanks to everyone who helped resolve this question, especially Reco and Darjac, who set me on the right path to the solution.

It turned out that indeed having two default routes was a killer, but having sorted that, restarting the networking service was upsetting openvpn, which somehow consumed 100% of my network capability, and gave every impression of the network being dead.

Disabling openvpn sorted that. As I don't normally use openvpn, I can easily start it on occasions when I need it. I'll get back to sorting out what it's doing wrong when I've got more time.

Thanks again, chaps!

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |