old /dev/mapper entries -- sort of fixed with "vgscan --mknodes"

Hi,

I removed a bunch of no longer required logical volumes from lvm, using
lvremove (mostly with -f option to save answering every time when I was
already sure it was right).

The symlinks remain in /dev/mapper /and /dev/vgname/ for them.

Having since created a new logical volume, there is "confusion" as to
what is displayed using df when I mount the new file system that is
contained within the new logical volume.

# ls -lart /dev/mapper/*|grep dm-5$

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       7 Mar 11 14:25 /dev/mapper/vgname-old-lv ->
../dm-5

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       7 Apr  3 11:56 /dev/mapper/vgname-new-lv ->
../dm-5

Only the latter one is valid now.

The old lv has been removed, the old sym links remain in ....

Okay, this /sort of/ fixed it:

vgscan --mknodes

 - it still leaves behind old orphaned sym links,
     but all the current in use ones seem to be okay.

# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        7.9