Bug causing some FontAwesome symbols to not render properly, libgtk2.0-0 related?

Following reportbug's instructions, since I don't know exactly what
package caused the problem, I'm mailing this list.

I'm running testing and tonight I upgraded as usual. Soon after, the
FontAwesome symbols U+f176 (fa-long-arrow-up) and U+f175
(fa-long-arrow-down) stopped rendering properly in some applications. I
believe it is gtk related because terminal based applications still
render the arrows fine. Opening a file with both arrows in vim works as
expected, but opening the same file in gvim makes the arrows fail to
draw properly.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is it confirmed to be a gtk
problem? What package should I report it under?

James