Re: Grossly OT - WW2 start

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 18:39:30 -0500 John Hasler sent:

> deloptes writes:
> > The fact is that the "basic law" imposed by the Allies after 1945 (I
> > think it was signed 49) is still the official constitution of
> > Germany.
>
> By this line of reasoning Canada is still a British colony.

What reasoning is that? Are you just being argumentative?

Was Canada conquered by the British [debatable] and did they have a
treaty with Canada or did Canada make a treaty with the Brits? The
circumstances are different to Germany and surely that can be seen here.

Canada wasn't a conquered country. Because no one considered the first
nation people of the country we now call Canada, as owners from my very,
very limited knowledge of that country.

Charlie

Apologies: sent the above using an email address which isn't subscribed
to this list.

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	For many years I was a self-appointed inspector of snowstorms
	and rainstorms and did my duty faithfully, though I never
	received payment for it. ..Henry David Thoreau

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.