Re: Repeated failure of install of Jessie

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:13:54PM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 March 2016 21:08:19 Alan McConnell wrote:
> > The DVD contained the first Jessie DVD, and, I'm guessing,
> > the thumb device contained the rest.
>
> It doesn't look like it.  It looks as though the USB key only has the first
> DVD on it.  To get all the DVDs you need to buy all the DVDs - but it is
> unlikely that you would need them.
>
> Lisi

The first DVD is possibly all you'll need to install a Debian system with GUI.

It's possible to write any Debian CD for 32/64 bit Intel and AMD machines to a USB stick
and boot from that if your machine will support it.

Jessie really isn't _that_ hard to install on most hardware: insert the DVD / USB stick
get into the computer setup to prioritise booting from it, then reboot and follow the
prompts. It does take more work than a corresponding Windows install perhaps - but by
the time you've sought out device drivers for Windows, the Debian install is often easier :)

Persevere and all will be well, with luck :)

All the best,

AndyC