Re: New firefox isn't working

On Saturday 26 March 2016 18:18:05 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Saturday 26 March 2016 17:47:17 Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > Gene,
> > > as you seem to use kmail in System Settings / Default Applications /
> > > Web Browser enter
> > > "firefox -new-tab $1"
> > > Provided you want the link to appear in a new tab instead of a new
> > > window
> > >
> > > How does that go?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Eike
> >
> > Works a treat, thank you Eike.
>
> Where did you find it?
>
> Lisi
Me?

I had a similar problem as Gene did. Since the Debian switch from iceweasel to
firefox I always copied the URL and then pasted/go into the URL field. That was
inconvenient.
man firefox
And since Gene's e-mail header mentions kmail as his e-mail client I thought
he must be using KDE same as I. Looking in Kmail setup did not come up with
any mention of a browser. Jörg-Volker's hint didn't work either for me [thank
you anyway] so I looked into the KDE System Settings. Browser is an
application, no?
So under "Applications" I found "Web Browser" - it was still set to "iceweasel
$1" so voila.

Have a nice day/night
Eike
--
Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE
Agencia Shopping del Sol

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's. It
isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.
 -- Oxford University Press, Edpress New