Re: New firefox isn't working

Gene Heskett wrote on 03/25/16 16:40:
> Greetings all;
>
> The reason is that it treats every clicked on link in an email, into a
> download of the site, which kills lots of time, and the subsequent
> display of the site by showing the file://tmp/somehashnumber it has
> downloaded in the address titlebar.
>
> Is this my fault, or firefox?  If my fault, how do I fix it?
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

It may depend on which mail tool you use. In icedove/thunderbird I'd take a look
at Edit -> Preferences -> Attachments -> Incoming and check what is configured
there for http, https, ftp, file. In my case the Action is "Use x-www-browser".
And /etc/alternatives/x-www-browser is a link to /usr/bin/firefox .

Regards,
jvp.