Re: repositories frozen since Mar 20th?

On Tue 22 Mar 2016 at 12:45:46 (+0100), Sven Hartge wrote:
> Jörg-Volker Peetz <jvpeetz@web.de> wrote:
>
> > Any clue to why the debian repositories, especially testing and sid,
> > seem to be unchanged since Mar 20th?
>
> Maybe this has something to do with the removal of the SHA1 checksums in
> the Release file and the removal of gzipped Packages files? Perhaps
> something internally broke and the mirrors are not updated correctly any
> more.

It's also preventing expiration of packages in my apt-cacher-ng
archive through its inability to download all the various types of
Packages and Sources files. Mind you, that may be a good thing because
the rather high number of packages tagged for removal might itself be
a consequence of the absence of those Packages files.

Cheers,
David.