Re: Linux CLI gnuplot-ish program to do maps?

Richard Hector <richard@walnut.gen.nz> writes:

> I think gmt (Generic Mapping Tools) will do that
> kind of thing. I suspect it has a tough learning
> curve (but then I've never put in the effort to
> learn gnuplot, either).

gtm seems to be exactly what I seek and a *wonderful*
program!

Only two problems:

    1. I've yet to find a simple 'hello world'
       (!) example.

    2. The many complicated examples (earthquakes and
       so on) I've found I cannot execute, as I don't
       have the *data*.

As you say on K2 Summit day when you are first in line
with 20 people behind you: "Hey ­ where is the gear?
Where is the equipment?"

Uh-oh!

                   - so far: 14 Blogomatic articles -