Re: computer cann't shut down

On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 05:31:18 -0400
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 20 March 2016 04:43:17 Adam Wilson wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 20:50:05 +0800
> >
> > lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I tried
> > >
> > > 1] systemctl poweroff
> > >

> > > 2] GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"
> > >
> > > to quite splash acpi=force
> > >
> Thats a typu, s/b quiet.  But I always take that and "splash" out as
> I want to be able to see whats complaining during the boot.  Yes, it
> does slow the boot by spitting out all that text, but I don't mind.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't slow down the boot regardless of whether you
have all the text displayed ("text" or blank) or not ("quiet"). My
system takes exactly the same amount of time to boot regardless of
whether I am using "quiet" or not.

It may *seem* to be slower due to the text, but this is not the case.