Re: Sudo

On 03/19/2016 08:22 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Saturday 19 March 2016 21:13:14 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 04:15:01PM +0000, Frank Jones wrote:
I have only been using Linux for a short time why cant I use SUDO on
theterminal with Debian I use it with Linu Mint.

Possibly you have to add yourself to the sudoers file: it's in
/etc/sudoers -- best edit it (as root) with visudo.

Make sure there is an entry (perhaps there is one) like

   %sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

or

# User privilege specification
root	ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
ric	ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

Note only root and user5 ric has permissions to sudo

(that means that users belonging to the sudo group may do everything
can do; you can refine permissions if you want)

Then add yourself to the sudo group. As root, do

   adduser <yourself> sudo

You'll need to login again for the changes to take effect.

The OP probably didn't install sudo.

Heh, that will help immensely! Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html