Re: Sudo

On Sat, 2016-03-19 at 18:38 +0000, Joe wrote:
> I've never seen sudo installed by default in any Debian, and I begin
> with expert minimal netinstalls of stable, and I've never seen it
> offered as an option there. My first two actions on reboot are to
> install sudo and mc.

    By default you are asked to provide a password for the “root”
    (administrator) account and information necessary to create one
    regular user account. If you do not specify a password for the
    “root” user this account will be disabled but the sudo package will
    be installed later to enable administrative tasks to be carried out
    on the new system.

From https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/apas03.html.en

See also the note about the desktop task in
https://wiki.debian.org/sudo

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson