Re: blu ray burning with samsung se506cb in debian jessie

On Tuesday 15 March 2016 08:39:21 Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> What are the negative symptoms if you do not use this option ?

It's been a while and I don't remember the exact symptoms.

Here's what I've noted at that time:
# problem with plextor writer: io error on last files on DL DVD
# try : 1 reduce speed. 2: pioneer writer
# note: plextor's slowest speed on Prodye ix 4x, which is too fast
#       only pionneer and LG report a 2.5 writing speed
# using -speed=1 on plextor is ignored -> speed=4 (fails)
# using -speed=2 on pioneer writer looks good

I had similiar issue on BR, but I don't remember the error message.

I'll have to sacrifice a disk if you need more details.

All the best

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/  -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org