Re: Problem with a Debian dual boot installation

Well, AFAIK things are set, and you can't do much. You must have GRUB when you start Debian, which doesn't displays Windows but makes you feel like Windows is not there

If you don't mind reinstalling, boot the installer to UEFI mode. Yeah, your BIOS would display the same installation image as both UEFI and Legacy installers.

Yeah, HP's BIOS is disgusting. You need to disable secure boot and enter some passcode that appears next. (Don't press ESC). I installed Kali (based on Debian) on an HP laptop of one of my friend's a few days back, and had simiar issues.