Re: Radeon trouble Jessie 8.3. [drm:radeon_pci_probe] *ERROR* with firmware-linux-nonfree installed

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 04:31:51PM +0000, Trond Arild Ydersbond wrote:
> I have got this working on the same machine with Wheezy 7.6 and Knoppixes up to and including 7.6.1, but it seems that radeon_pci_probe refuses to recognize the installed firmware. Have tried different settings, but dmesg stille gives the same error.
> *ERROR* radeon kernel modesetting for R600 or later requires firmware-linux-nonfree
>
> What can I do about this?

Install the firmware-linux-nonfree package? *Hint* check the repos or
just use apt-get.

Oh, crap! I replied to the wrong post. It was meant for Udeesha Dilshan.

--
Bob Holtzman
A man is a man who will fight with a sword or