Re: iceweasel now firefox-esr?

On 2016-03-12 17:44, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Sat, 2016-03-12 at 00:37 -0500, Dale Harris wrote:
Huh, why is iceweasel installing firefox-esr now and not even putting
in a sym. link from iceweasel to firefox?

Iceweasel is no more, read the changelog.

Aside from an advisory a read in the general news a week prior, with no schedule attached, there was no notification. The update itself, listed 'Iceweasel'.

If you think it should install a symlink, file a bug.

There's much more than a symlink involved.
The installation happened on two machines: on the laptop, it failed to find the main bookmark menu, and as that was the first update, that went west. I backed up the bookmarks file on the PC, but it found that.

Regarding symlinks (multiple), there's nothing to link www-browser, or dochelp, and probably others. I'm still checking. But it definitely doesn't like Liferea, either, even after reinstalling RSS links.
Cheers!

Weaver
--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515