Re: Android emulator

Eclipse on Windows was something of a usable disaster, which I
can't say for Android Studio, which is both a disk, CPU and memory hog.

It apparently needs a lot of config to work.

As far as emulator goes, I had to ditch the official emulator (rebranded
QEMU), simply because I don't have hardware virtualization functions on
my processor. I've decided to use Android-x86-eeepc on VirtualBox, but
this will only work up to version 4.0 or something, later ones require
VT-x as the official emulator does.

You can install the eeepc image on virtual disk, so you can have
writable file system; you can push files via remote shell, setup SL4A
scripting engine, use Bridged Networking for LANning to it, and many
other stuff (Debugging is a given). It's MUCH faster (I guess cutdown)
then the official emulator+images, can't seem to figure out why... It
probably lacks something, but for developer work does the job.

I tried recently official emulator+images on a VT-x machine with HAXM,
it IS faster, but hickups every now and then. And I must say, it is a
tad slower than the unofficial x86+VirtualBox... or so it seems.