WPA supplicant configured with static IP inside /etc/network/interfaces invokes dhcpcd

When I try this:

/etc/network/interfaces

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
address 192.168.0.123
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

resolvconf makes 2 entries as expected inside the resolv.conf file
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

Alright, but I still need to connect to a network. So I add this stuff underneath:
wpa-scan-ssid 1
wpa-ap-scan 1
wpa-key-mgmt WPA-PSK
wpa-proto RSN WPA
wpa-pairwise CCMP TKIP
wpa-group CCMP TKIP
wpa-ssid "blah"
wpa-psk blahblah

I get a static IP on the network and connect successfully, but now resolv.conf file is polluted with junk created by dhcpcd
$ resolvconf -l
# resolv.conf from wlan0
# Generated by dhcpcd from wlan0
nameserver 192.168.0.1

# resolv.conf from wlan0:ra
# Generated by dhcpcd from wlan0:ra
nameserver fe80::1%wlan0

# resolv.conf from wlan0.inet
# Generated by ifup for wlan0.inet
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

I expect that dhcpcd should not be involved at all with my STATIC wlan0, is that correct?
1. Can you please confirm this behavior is a bug.
2. Do you know what package is responsible for the faulty behavior? My best guess would be: ifupdown?

Thanks