Re: Intel Wireless 8260 not working on Lenovo Ideapad

On Mon, 2016-02-29 at 13:11 -0700, Levi S. Darrell wrote:
> Dear all at debian-user@lists.debian.org,
>
> 	In January of 2016, I purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 laptop,
> which had Windows 10 pre-installed on it. Since that time I have been
> unable to get my Intel Wireless 8260 hardware to work with my Debian
> Jessie stable
> distro. After several hours searching the internet for solutions, I
> have seen that this is a common problem with Lenovo computers. Here
> are the solutions that I have tried:

As a general rule, with hardware that new, go for testing or unstable
immediately. (Even with a backported kernel, you're not likely to get
the GPU running without new Mesa, and possibly xorg driver)

There seems to be quite a few reports of running Linux on the Y700.
E.g. http://mashu.github.io/2015/12/19/Debian-Ideapad-Y700.html

If you're fighting with wpa_supplicant doesn't that mean that the
driver is working? Can you scan for access points? Can you connect to
an unprotected network?

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson