Re: lxde/openbox temp. deactivate touchpad? solved

On Sun, 2016-02-28 at 19:12 +0100, BerndSchmittNews wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who responded.
> I got all the information I needed to solve my problem.
>
> Am 28.02.2016 um 11:56 schrieb BerndSchmittNews:
> > under debian7 I was using gpoint.... to temporarily deactivate touchpad.
>   synclient TouchpadOff=1
>   synclient TouchpadOff=0
>
> are doing the job.

If you want to assign those commands to keyboard shortcuts, you can do
so by editing .config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml. I use this method to get
sound volume working using amixer (see below) and googling I found
there's a key binding for touchpad called 'XF86TouchpadToggle'. Whether
that actually maps to the correct key combination on you computer
probably depends on your computer BIOS. From my personal notes getting
sound keys working...

In <keyboard> section of .config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml add

   <keybind key="XF86AudioLowerVolume">
     <action name="Execute">
       <startupnotify>
         <enabled>true</enabled>
         <name>amixer</name>
       </startupnotify>
       <command>amixer -c 0 set Master 3- unmute</command>
     </action>
   </keybind>
   <keybind key="XF86AudioRaiseVolume">
     <action name="Execute">
       <startupnotify>
         <enabled>true</enabled>
         <name>amixer</name>
       </startupnotify>
       <command>amixer -c 0 set Master 3+ unmute</command>
     </action>
   </keybind>
   <keybind key="XF86AudioMute">
     <action name="Execute">
       <startupnotify>
         <enabled>true</enabled>
         <name>amixer</name>
       </startupnotify>
       <command>amixer set Master toggle</command>
     </action>
   </keybind>

--
Tixy