Re: lxde/openbox temp. deactivate touchpad?

On Sun, 2016-02-28 at 11:56 +0100, BerndSchmittNews wrote:
> Hello,
> under debian7 I was using gpoint.... to temporarily deactivate
> touchpad.
> My acer laptop drives me crazy, after a while the pointer is running
> wild.
> I hoped that this would not happen in debian8, but maybe it is a
> hardware
> failure, so I have to live/deal with it.

In unstable (and possibly testing) palm detection (ignoring the
touchpad when typing) is enabled by default if you're using xserver-
xorg-input-libinput

On stable (or at least in older GNOME releases) there used to be a
setting to turn on something similar for synaptics (but I don't think
it worked very well). If your DE doesn't have a similar option you'll
probably have to configure syndaemon yourself.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson