Re: user History File.

On 29/02/2016 2:19 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> There is the ttysnoop package, but I strongly advise consulting
> with a knowledgeable local lawyer before using it. If your laws
> protect privacy at all, using it on a user without their
> explicit consent is likely to be a crime.

# aptitude show ttysnoop
Monday 29 February 05:31:02 AEDT 2016 -- show ttysnoop
Package: ttysnoop
State: not installed
Version: 0.12d-5
 TTYSnoop allows you to snoop on login tty's through another tty-device
or pseudo-tty. The snoop-tty becomes a 'clone' of the original tty,
redirecting both input and output from/to it.

# aptitude show conspy
Monday 29 February 05:31:32 AEDT 2016 -- show conspy
Package: conspy
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 1.8-2
 Conspy allows a (possibly remote) user to see what is displayed on a
Linux virtual console, and send keystrokes to it.  It is rather like
VNC, but where VNC takes control of a GUI conspy takes control of a
 text mode virtual console.  Unlike VNC, conspy does not require a
server to be installed prior to being used.
Homepage: http://www.stuart.id.au/russell/files/conspy/

What is the difference between these two tools, they /seem/ to do the same?

Cheers
A.