Re: lxde/openbox temp. deactivate touchpad?

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 17:42:11 +0300
Adam Wilson <moxalt@riseup.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 08:11:12 -0500 Haines Brown <haines@histomat.net>
>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 03:51:11PM +0300, Adam Wilson wrote:

>> > Is there not a Fn+Key combination to activate/deactivate the
>> > touchpad minus the hassle?
>>
>> As best as I can make out from the x250 manual, there's no way to
>> disable the touchpad. I don't know why removing synaptic disabled the
>> touchpad. But doing so did no harm and I'm not sure why a package
>> manager is useful.

Removing synaptic touchpad manager does not remove a package manager.
What used to be called synaptics-touchpad is now called
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics, which is Synaptics Touchpad driver.

>So you don't use apt then?

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Linux Registered User Number 425914