Re: Debian as My home firewall/router

On 02/27/2016 08:22 AM, heqamilus wrote:
Hi,
I know that is possible to build a firewall using Debian.
I'm searching for some tutorials, I need to know the system's utility to configure Debian installation in this way.
For example, manage network interfaces, NAT, vlan and optionally DNS

I'm able to do basic firewalling and install and use server application.

Thanks for you help
H.

I use iptables for this application in Debian. I have a gateway machine whose purpose is firewalling as well as a couple of other server applications on my local LAN. The iptables tutorial has been very informative for me:

https://www.frozentux.net/documents/iptables-tutorial/

This can be read online or downloaded for offline use.

--
Que te vaya bien
JM