XFS on root

Hello,

at the moment I use 2x1TB disks in btrfs raid1 array, but one disk is
failing/dying and not having enough money for two 2TB disks, I plan to
buy a new 2TB disk and the old 1TB disk use as additional storage, but
this time to put XFS (under lvm2) on all disks (my desktop has UPS
unit), but wonder what do you think about using XFS for root partition
as well, iow. if Debian supports it and/or what should I do when
migrating partitions (using gparted) or is initrd automactically
detecting lvm2 volumes?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Abandoning all attachment to the results of his activities,
ever satisfied and independent, he performs no fruitive action,