conservative automatic updating with cron-apt

I feel the need to do some updates automatically but sometimes this just isn't a good idea.

I use cron-apt.  But I don't have it auto installing because if something starts asking questions I have no way to intervene.  However, for many (most!) updates, they go without problems and do not require user interaction.

Is there some combination of options to apt-get which will not do any updates (and their dependencies) which require input or require me to diff or manually update files which can't be done automatically?

Essentially what I want cron-apt to do is 1) do all the updates you can which do not require user interaction, and 2) tell me what you didn't do that I need to take care of manually.

Anyone found a way to do this?