Re: help using apt-build

Hello,

El 23 de febrero de 2016 18:08:32 CET, Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@googlemail.com> escribió:
>Dear Folks,
>
>I tried using apt-build to install a source file:
>
>root@rhubarb:/home/michaelmikef/Downloads# ls -l adun*
>
>-rw-r--r-- 1 michaelmikef michaelmikef 1395 Feb 23 16:36
>adun.app_0.81-6.dsc
>
>root@rhubarb:/home/michaelmikef/Downloads# apt-build install
>adun.app_0.81-6.dsc
>
>W: Unable to locate package adun.app_0.81-6.dsc
>Unable to find source candidate for adun.app_0.81-6.dsc
>
>What am I doing wrong here?

I think you need add deb-src line to your apt source list, so it can download from internet (I think you need the name of the package and not the name of the file) and then build the package

Maybe you can use --source to tell apt-build to not download the source. See the man page and its sinopsis

I think dpkg-buildpackage can be used in your case

Regards