Re: BIND problem

> On Feb 23, 2016, at 1:45 AM, Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd start with rkhunter check first. Just to be sure.

    Checking for enabled inetd services                      [ Warning ]

That's AmandaClient, the backup software.

    Checking if SSH root access is allowed                   [ Warning ]

It is, But only with a key. And this is the master DNS server. It's on the DMZ, behind a hardened Cisco router and a Cisco PIX firewall. It's allowed out, but no-one is allowed in unless the server asks first and somebody's replying to the servers request, from the same IP the server sent the query to. I doubt anybody got into it from the 'Net. I get into it with SSH, from the LAN, to check on it.

    /usr/bin/unhide.rb                                       [ Warning ]

I have no explanation for that one. But:

root@log:~# /usr/bin/unhide.rb
Scanning for hidden processes...
No hidden processes found!

> In situation like this it would be an overkill, but I'd also checked OS
> installation with debsums from LiveCD,

I didn't do that because it'd be lots of trouble, and I don't have a live CD (I'd have to download one). And the (Wheezy) kernel has been updated many times, so I doubt it'd match the live CD anyway.

> the existence of /etc/ld.so.preload,

root@log:~# ls -a /etc/ | egrep -ir ld.so.preload

Nothing

> and /etc/rc.local.

root@log:~# ls -a /etc/ | egrep -ir rc.local

Cause for concern? As suggested in the last line, I ran /etc/rc.local -- there was no output.

--
Glenn English