Re: Setting up HDRI in ImageMagick

On 02/19/2016 09:04 AM, Anders Andersson wrote:
On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:40 PM, Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:
OOPS. I didn't notice that the instructions were assuming a tarball
installation. I just used the debian aptitude install application. That
answers one question but I still have a problem. The instructions say that
after the installation that one can run the following to check the
installation:
     identify -version and get a Features list that includes HDRI
Unfortunately, the only feature that shows up is DCP Modules Open MP. No
HDRI.
The ImageMagick installation must be there or identify wouldn't work at all.
In addition I have used several convert functions successfully. Any
suggestions.
It sounds like this is the first time you build software on a linux machine.

Did you reall uninstall debian's version first, and then typed "make install"?

Try the command "which identify", which should show something like
"/usr/local/bin/identify" if you have installed it correctly.

There seems to be some confusion with the statements I made. Yes I have built software from scratch (tar) many times (about 20 yrs experience with debian). I try to stay away from installing programs that way if at all possible. I try to use the debian library if at all possible. I have found that non-debian packages are just too much of a headache most of the time. I did not install from a tar file or try to install from a tar file. I used the debian stretch imagemagick.deb file and installed with aptitude. None of the make commands apply. That said, the identify function should still work but doesn't show any indication that HDRI exists. I still need help. How do you switch HDRI on with a standard debian install.

Gary R.