Re: Apt-get question

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 01:08:52PM -0300, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:21:04 +0100
> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
>
> > If that's a genuine question, and if that interests others, I'd be glad to
> > post my upgrade notes. There are many resources out there, of which I'd
> > recommend (at least):
> >
> >   https://wiki.debian.org/systemd#Installing_without_systemd
> >   http://noone.org/talks/debian-ohne-systemd/debian-ohne-systemd-clt.html
>
> Yes please, and thanks.

Simplest method:

Start with a wheezy box.

Create /etc/apt/preferences.d/no-systemd
contents:
----
Package: systemd-sysv
Pin: release o=Debian
pin-Priority: -1
----

now you can upgrade as per normal:

- change references in /etc/apt/sources.list and
  sources.list.d/* from wheezy to jessie

- apt-get update

- apt-get dist-upgrade

You may be more comfortable pre-installing the new kernel and
its dependencies, then rebooting, then doing the dist-upgrade,
then rebooting again.

In any case, reboot once you've finished.

Then it's time to look around for problems.

-dsr-