Re: changing partition names

Le 15/02/2016 17:51, Frank McCormick a écrit :

   I already use UUIDS.

be warned, if you use the partition table edit solution, uuid changes each time you touch a partition. The better way may be to use labels, but I don't know if they survive partition change, probably not.

   No neither can handle what I need...but apparently sfdisk can.

pretty easy to do by hand, but booting may begin hard

O wrote this mong time ago :-)

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Partition-Rescue/

look at it as it seems to make life more simple.

may be usefull, but more simple certainly not, let only for the dev names :-)

jdd