Re: systemd Information

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 02:48:14PM -0600, Tim McDonough wrote:
> Anyone have a recommendation for a good reference/tutorial on systemd as it
> applies to Debian Jessie?
>
> It's very frustrating to work on configuring static IPs, SSHD ports, etc.
> and never knowing which files are the correct ones to edit. For that matter,
> with systemd now in place why the heck were the old config files and scripts
> left in place if they aren't used?

Unless you've explicitly told systemd to manage networking, it won't be, so
those old config files are left behind because they're actually the current
config files.

For the default networking setup in Jessie, consider looking at the Debian
Administrator's Handbook: https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-handbook/sect.network-config.en.html

For information on systemd in Jessie (at least by default), see
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-handbook/unix-services.en.html#sect.systemd

If you *do* want systemd to manage networking, you could look at
http://sunweavers.net/blog/node/34

--
Jonathan Dowland
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.