Re: disk space disappeared

Gary Dale a écrit :
> I have a Jessie/64 server that seems to have lost a lot of disk space.
> It boots from a 55G SSD (mounted as /) with a RAID6 array for /home. df
> shows that the SSD is full but I can't find out where the space has
> gone. When I add up all the space in the various directories off /, they
> don't come anywhere near 55G. du -cxh shows only 4.7G being used.

Usually "lost" space is used by files which have been deleted but are
still opened by a process (check with lsof | grep deleted) or hidden
under a mount point (check by bind-mounting the filesystem on a
temporary mount point)

> I also tried using fstrim (although the SSD is mounted with the discard
> option) but that didn't help.

Of course not. fstrim does not free space, it just marks free blocks for
 the underlying storage.