Re: Using vlc to Transcode mpeg2 File to mp4

jdd <jdd@dodin.org> writes:
> I tried to answer from my android phone, but I don't see my message,
> forgive me if this is a duplicate (I'm now at home)
>

> the best mp4 converter is handbrake and it have GUI and CLI

	First, thanks to all who responded. I did receive a reply
from jdd <jdd@dodin.org>. It was addressed to me but did not
appear to CC to the list which is probably why you didn't see it.

	After doing some more digging, I did find out about
handbreak, both the GUI and CLI versions and have installed them.
I also ran across a script that somebody wrote which uses
handbrakecli to do precisely what I needed to do. By late last
night, the sleep monster got to me and it is now a new day.
Unless something totally unexpected happens, handbreakcli will be
the tool of choice.

Thanks to all.

Martin