Re: Using vlc to Transcode mpeg2 File to mp4

Why not try:
On Tue, 9 Feb 2016, Martin McCormick wrote:

Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 17:34:14
From: Martin McCormick <martin.m@suddenlink.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Using vlc to Transcode mpeg2 File to mp4

	I have been pounding my head against this wall for a
couple of days. The mpeg2 streams come from a HDHomerun_prime box
which produces DLNA streams. I am trying to convert them using
vlc to mp4 files to play on an AppleTV and I just haven't got
anything to work yet except that my shell script does run but the
file it produces is garbage and neither vlc nor mplayer will play
it so I am still doing something wrong.

	There is a vlc forum but I have not been successful in
registering to post.

	Here is what the script looks like right now. In vlc, the
demux module does have some flags one can set or unset but the
muxer looks to me like it really doesn't need much attention. If
anybody has an example, I would greatly appreciate the
information.

Many thanks in advance. Here is the script that almost works:

#!/bin/sh
vlc --play-and-exit -I dummy  \
--sout "#transcode{avcodec=ts}:std{access=file,mux=mux_mp4,dst=testfile.mp4}" ~/streamwork/ktul.ts

ktul.ts is a stream I recorded from a cable channel we receive.
vlc plays the .ts file.

Martin McCormick